Transcend CM80S M.2 SSD Enclosure Kit
M.2 SSD enclosure kit
Lightweight yet durable aluminum construction
CM80 enclosure is for type 2242, 2260 and 2280 M.2 SSD
USB type-A and type-C supported
From the manufacturer
Transcend’s CM42 and CM80 are enclosures in different form factors designed specifically for M.2 SATA SSDs. By following the step-by-step installation guide, you can transform an M.2 SATA SSD into a portable USB 3.1 Gen 1 external drive, maximizing utilization.
- Lightweight yet durable aluminum enclosure
- SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface incorporated with UASP (USB attached SCSI protocol)
- USB Type-A and Type-C supported
- Two form factors (CM42/CM80)
- Quick and easy installation
Sleek, Pocketable Design
|Transcend’s M.2 SSD enclosure features a lightweight aluminum construction, making it both portable and durable while you are on the move. A LED indicator lets you know when the drive is in use.|
USB Type-A and Type-C Supported
|To accommodate devices with different USB ports, the M.2 SSD enclosure is engineered to convert to a USB Type-C port, offering flexibility of being used on different platforms with either USB Type-A or Type-C port.||Note: A standard USB Type-A cable is included. Users will need to provide their own adapter or compatible cable to attach the M.2 SSD enclosure to USB Type-C devices.|
Enhanced performance with UASP
|The M.2 SSD enclosure uses the USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface incorporated with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) that makes transfer speeds faster than with a sole USB 3.0 interface when used with a UASP-enabled host computer.|
Quick and Easy Installation
- Insert an M.2 SSD into the connector on the adapter.
- Screw the M.2 SSD onto the adapter.
- Place the M.2 SSD assembly into the enclosure with the USB Type-C connector facing outward.
- Screw the metal plate to the front of the enclosure.
- Attach the aluminum sticker to the front panel. Do not obstruct the LED hole.
- Connect the M.2 SSD enclosure to your computer. Note: M.2 SSD sold separately. The M.2 SSD enclosure kit is not compatible with PCI-Express M.2 SSDs.
Two Form Factors
|To be compatible with the most common M.2 SATA solid state drives, Transcend offers two enclosures in different form factors for multiple drive heights.|
|To be compatible with the most common M.2 SATA solid state drives, Transcend offers two enclosures in different form factors for multiple drive heights. The CM42 enclosure is for type 2242 only, whereas the CM80 can mount type 2242, 2260, and 2280.|
3.36 x 0.75 x 12 cm; 41 Grams
|Item model number||
|Hard Drive Interface||
|Are Batteries Included||
M.2 2280 SSD Casing, Type-C Cable, QSG, Warranty Card
|Date First Available||
1 June 2017
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||
34 x 7 x 120 Millimeters